Risk of not applying Meditation
Some risks of not applying meditation to your daily life:
- Mental illness
- Lack of control of self and life
- Feeling spacey, overwhelmed and lost
- Have body pain
- A lack of mobility in joints and muscles
- Feeling tired and sluggish
- Never learning who you truly are – deep down
- Not tapping into your intuition/inner knowingness
Benefits of applying Meditation
Some benefits to help attract you to the “punishment” of meditation. 😊
- Grounding – feelings of security and confidence
- Reduces mental stress and feelings of overwhelm
- Decreases pain
- Increases range of motion
- Weight loss
- Encourages positive thoughts and feelings
- Encourages focus, and improves brain function
- Facilitates creativity
- Improves memory
- Improves health of body; physical and visceral, nerves, tendons etc.
- Have an overall better connection with yourself and others
Set up your special sacred space
This can be a sacred shrine of all your favourite special items. Even if you don’t have much space, I highly recommend meditating in the same spot every day (if possible). This helps with routine, habit and it’s not a sacred space you can go to whenever you are feeling low, need some space, or want to celebrate something privately.
What you can do is:
- Grab a meditation pillow or an over stuffed pillow that you can sit on or even just a regular old chair.
- Designate the pillow/chair/location as your special meditation “space”
- Take that pillow to any area of the house (that isn’t noisy) or where you won’t be disturbed if you need to – the point is, the pillow is your special sacred space for meditation
- Jazz up the space with a few of your favourite items that make you happy and/or give you a sense of peace and calm
- Remember this is your special private time and location, so why not make it beautiful for you because YOU DESERVE THIS TIME!